Monday 4 March 2013

Sometimes, I try to read novels in which solving a mystery is not the driving force propelling the reader forward


One, Two, Buckle My Shoe, Agatha Christie
Okay, I admit that I do tend towards agreeing with this statement. If there was a 0 - 5 scale where I had to rate how much 'I agreed', I'd probably be far more on the agreeing side. ;)


"Sometimes, I try to read novels in which solving a mystery is not the driving force propelling the reader forward. This can occasionally be OK – if there's enough relationship intrigue of the betrayal-and-adultery ilk – but generally I prefer novels that make me desperate to find out who did what and why."

As Sophie Hannah states in her Guardian author review, my love of mystery books probably does stem from Agatha Christie too. Her and Enid Blyton's Famous Five and Secret Seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment