Monday 4 March 2013

Mystery books in York

I love books and places that books are kept. As a result of this I love libraries. They are my favourite place to work. I like the peace and quite that they afford. I also like bookshops, second-hand bookshops in particular. I enjoy ferreting around a second-hand bookshop just in case they have a book I am after or even just an interesting book that I never even thought or known about before.

I have been looking for mystery books in York today. I found this useful website listing second-hand bookshops in York. I had a wonderful time rummaging amongst the shelves. I went into two bookshops: Lucius Books and Minster Gate Bookshop, both of which were delightful.

Today I bought Wilkie Collins, The Woman in White, and Graham Greene, Brighton Rock. They are on my list of books to read this year. The rest of the books on my list are harder to get as a number of them were first published in the early to mid-nineteenth century. They are not all still in print, so I am hoping to be able to do some fortuitous web searching for them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment